- Improving quality of services and productivity through Service Realization Process Development.
- Meeting and enhancing all interested parties’ needs, expectations, relevant legal requirements and feedbacks through analysis and improvement plans.
- Preventing negative impacts related to occupational health and safety and environment through the implementation of an efficient HSE system across the organization.
- Achieving personnel performance promotion through awareness, competency, communication (vertical and horizontal), personnel involvement, work environment improvement, training planning, knowledge management and motivation system development.
MEHRAN’s commitment to realizing its philosophy translates into continual improvement and sustained success management within the organization through a defined Roadmap that is governed by Health, Safety, Environment and Quality Policies.
In the Roadmap is envisioned the application of many effective and efficient tools such as national and international standards and guidelines for achieving our philosophy and desired state including:
- ISO9001/ Quality Management System
- ISOTS29001 / Quality Management System for Oil, Gas and Petrochemicals
- ISO9004 / Sustained Success Management
- ISO10002 & ISO10004 / Interested Parties Feedback
- ISO10005 / Quality Planning
- ISO10015 / Guideline for Training
- ISO17025 / Testing and Calibration Laboratories Requirements
- IWA2, International Workshop Agreement / Educational Organization
- OHSAS18001 / Occupational Health and Safety
- ISO14001 / Environmental Management System
- HSE MS / HSE Management System
- API Standards / Services Realization
Sustained Success Management
Main areas under consideration are:
- Mission and Vision: Describing the organization’s desired state and assessing the existing position.
- Strategy and Policy: An analysis based on these queries, “where are we now, how did we get here, where are we going, where should we be going, how will we get there” (strategic plan).
- Objectives and Targets: Drawing up methods, action plans, and programs, conducting risk analyses, enumerating products/services and resources, planning processes and process management through categories as:
- Management Processes: Strategic management, motivation, recommendations, involvement, communication
- Supply Processes: Resources management, storage, procurement, maintenance, research, IT
- Value Added Processes: Operations, services, contracts, project management and control, logistics and HSEQ
- Monitoring and measurement, analysis, review, improvement thereof as well as incorporating innovation processes.
Objectives and Targets
- Improving Quality and Productivity of Services in general.
- Meeting Key Performance Indicators (KPI) targets in terms of eighty percentage actual progress for each project.
- Prevention of all incidents and negative impacts related to occupational health, safety and environment.
- Incident and Negative Impact Reduction down to:
- FR = Zero
- SR = Zero
- LTI = Zero
- Negative Impact = Zero.
- Personnel Performance Promotion.
- Personnel Empowerment.
- Passing level I, II and III.
- Meeting and Enhancing all interested parties’ needs, expectations, related Legal requirements and feedbacks.
- Achieving a client feedback average of %70+.
- Implementation of HSEQ objectives set by International Standards including ISO9001 and ISOTS29001in the oil, gas and petrochemical industries for Quality Management System, ISO 14001 for Environmental Management System, OHSAS 18001 for Occupational Health and Safety and HSE-MS for Environmental and Occupational Health and Safety related to Oil and Gas, and certification by internationally accredited Certification Body.
- Establishment of Quality Control and HSE Systems for well services based on international standards – for the first time in the upstream sector of Iran’s oil and gas industry – through defining Quality Plans based on ISO10005, Inspection and Test Plans based on International Standards such as API and Benchmarking.
- Establishment and Implementation of international standards for MEHRAN (cementing and acidizing) Laboratories for nominating these research and testing facilities as a reference.
- Establishment of a Training System for Educational Organization based on IWA2 and for Training Method based on ISO10015.
- Establishment and Implementation of training courses including HSE and technical courses with average 400 man-hour for operations personnel.
- Standardization of Well Services and Safety Services through defining Process Manuals based on process approach for management, Supply, Value Added and Monitoring and Measurement Processes.
- Establishment of Instrumentation / Calibration Lab in which calibrators are deployed for checking and maintaining control and instrumentation devices.
- Winning awards and merits by major clients including the first place of HSEQ Performance between all PetroPars Contractors in South Pars Phase 19 Project on Oct 2013, citations by IOOC since 2004 and by TOTAL and other clients through implementation of Client Feedback System for each operation.
- Performing over 3,000,000 man-hours of services with zero LTI through implementation of practical HSE system including risk assessment, operational controls, and training.
- Establishment and implementation of Maintenance System based on international standards such as 3M (Maintenance, Material, Management), Evaluation of Asset Management based on PAM Awards / UPTIME method (strategies for excellence in maintenance management).
- Establishment and implementation of a digitalized inventory in the storage facilities.
- Establishment and implementation of Monitoring and Measurement of Processes through Key performance Indicator (KPI).
Occupational Health, Environmental and Safety System
MEHRAN is committed to maintaining a safe and clean working environment devoid of undue health hazards. Hazard identification, risk assessment, and environmental impact determination are conducted periodically and appropriate controls are set in place to ensure high standards of health care, safety, and damage prevention as required by law. These controls include:
- Monitoring the individual health status of each employee of MEHRAN for early detection of health variations and medical care provides the opportunity to discuss any health concerns.
- Training based on defined emergency preparedness and response methods given to personnel on hazards, the possibility of occurrence of undesirable emergency situations, environmental protection and ways of handling emergency situations with minimum damage to property and environment and zero risk to the safety of individuals.
- Access to literature and to physical resources for achieving international HSE standards to ensure proper functioning of the integrated system of HSE control and its processes.
Operational personnel of MEHRAN receive HSE training courses such as General HSEQ, Basic & Advanced Fire Fighting, H2S Awareness & Response, Offshore Safety Induction, Basic & Advanced First Aid, and HUET. The HSE policy statement and objectives are brought to the attention of all employees at MEHRAN, who are duty-bound to implement the Health, Safety and Environment procedures applicable to their workplace.